Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:19:24 GMT
>>So I'd like to see the Penn State researchers demostrate this highly aged 1,450 ppb insecticide residue in the nectaries is capable
of killing or harming pollinators in an actual real world field
situation...

Is 'highly aged' significant in this case?  Please explain.  To me, if a chem is persistant, it does not *age* or lose its properties.

There is an article 'Solving the Mystery of the Vanishing Bees' by Diana Cox-Foster and Dennis vanEngelsdrop in the April issue of Scientific American.  [Sorry no link - I get delivered to the hous.].

They found 170 chems in CCD bee samples.  [And some symptoms like scarred internal bee organs not seen before!] Imidacloprid by itself may not be a direct killer at the above ppb but, in combination with other chems, and poor nutrition may lead to bees' demise.

Bayer may be safer testing its chem's ppm under lab conditions after all.  The bees pick up a whole lot of other toxins in the field.  CCD happens in real field conditions.

Waldemar