From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:49:33 +0100
What I have seen is that EFB (like symptoms) disapears when the hives are
taken out of avocado pollination and truck to good honey flows, but it could
easily be the other way around.

I was mixing the piece of "knowledge" from higienic behaviour test : the
test should be performed before or after honey flows cause during flows the
bees tend to clean more.

As said it could be the other way around if we consider that the avocado
could be considered "a flow" by the hives when compared to the previous
location and in the mean time the colony could have levelled the population.

Efectivelly, the colonies that I drive to avocado are either nucs made 3
month before or the colonies that provided frames for those nucs, therefore
unbalance colonies developed/promoted with artifitial feed.

The standard for avocado pollination are 5 to 7 frames colonies with 3 to 5
frames with brood, queen of max. 2 years old. Colonies stay for 45 to 60
days in the fields, giving half to a box of honey, plus the full brood box.
Of course in the colonies that do not show EFB like symptoms.

EFB like symptoms because the autorithy says so after lab test.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.