From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:32:18 -0500
Greetings
My biggest objection to the so-called Organic Farming movement is that
they self-righteously claim to have a monopoly on the ideas of
pesticide free farming and biological controls. Actually, the major
Universities have been at the forefront of some of the best ideas in
these fields for years. An example is this new book from a Cornell
entomologist. Furthermore, they are open to other non-pesticide
solutions such as genetic modification, to enhance the defenses of
plants and animals to the wide variety of pests and diseases.

Natural Enemies
An Introduction to Biological Control
Ann E. Hajek
Cornell University, New York

Excerpt

Synthetic chemical pesticides aren't always the answer