HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 03:49:18 EST
Max,

Not that I know much of war, but many of the bunkers I had in mind are on
National Park Service or U.S. Fish & Wildlife property. A heck of a lot of
federal military property surplused during the Bush-Clinton-Bush  Administrations.
I think the rich targets are the cities, not the bunker  locations. But what
is the difference between bunkers on a military base and an  urban city a mile
away when you are talking nukes?

By the way, Tom King mentioned the Japanese have developed glass or ceramic
CDs that are said to be archivally sound. Most CDs we have are made with
acidic  cardboard cores that will disintegrate in time.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 3/5/2009 9:46:47 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,