Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 9 May 2009 11:29:51 -0700
7bit
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Now may I ask the List, including you lurkers, some questions that I have
about hot tanking?

1.  I personally started with paraffin and gum rosin, since that was the way
someone else had done it.  I've never experimented with paraffin alone.  Can
anyone tell me what the purpose of the rosin is--I'm not asking for guesses,
but for knowledgeable answers.

2.  In the Southern Hemisphere, beekeepers use a paraffin/microcrystalline
wax mix.  I've been told that the microcrystalline wax was added to raise
the ignition temperature (note that there is a difference between ignition
temperature and flash point).  Can anyone confirm this for sure?

3.  Both rosin and microcrystalline wax have different physical properties
than paraffin, which may make their addition improve the weatherproofing of
wood.  Does anyone have hard data on this?

I'd greatly appreciate replies, either on or off list.

Randy Oliver

Thanks,