From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2009 16:59:47 -0700
> Funding for pollinator research will protect the health,
> future, safety, and sustainability of our nationšs most
> nutritional food crops. These funds will ensure that we
> base our sustainable future in agriculture on a more
> comprehensive understanding of the science that supports it.

I'm not a beekeeper, but I'm curious to know what key
contributions university researchers have made to the profession
over the past 10-20 years?

Example: What specific landmark contributions (if any) has
university research made that led to major changes and
advances in bee management and health?

Or did the beekeepers themselves make the major strides
in dealing with Varroa, nutrition problems and so forth?

Or did the chemical companies make more substantial
contributions than the university people in providing
the beekeeping industry with tools to help maintain bee
heath (e.g. antibiotics, miticides, etc.).?

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.