From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 00:32:15 -0500
hello Mike & All,
Interesting post! Acetic acid is a form of vinegar and is used alone in many
areas of the worlds beekeeping.
I was only interested in killing the nosema spores and according to the ABJ
article a light solution of bleach did the trick as well as the acetic acid
fumigation used in Europe.
Maybe Jerry B. will comment.
Both are not *registered* for sanitizing dead outs before new bees are
returned to the boxes and never will be simply due to the cost of
registration. Surely no one doubts if beekeepers coughed up the money
registration could easily be obtained.
People register products for beekeeping only when those people figure they
will make the money back PLUS INTEREST!
it is what it is!
it is sad that millions are being pumped into research and little to get the
registered tools beekeepers need.
A beekeeper in Canada( David Vanderdussen)  registered formic for use in the
U.S. and a company in Europe gave use apigard. Steve Forrest ( Brushy
Mountain) gave us Api Life Var.

All needed products but in my opinion none of the above products would be
around if not for the expected return gained from registration.

What will come from all the millions in research funding ? Will U.S.
beekeepers and tax payers get their moneys worth? Congress watchdog groups
are already claiming the beekeeping stimulus money as ear marked pork!
Hopefully they are wrong!

bob

I always will say on BEE-L what the industry is telling me.