From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2008 14:32:56 -0800
> Plus, it is not Varroa or other mites that are the main
> problem. It is the
> pathogens that do most of the killing. Mites weaken bees so
> they are more
> susceptible to anything that might be out there, including
> winter.

Please clarify your statment.
If I am reading it right, you are saying that ‘mites are not the main problem‘, then turning in the same breath to say that they ‘are the main problem’ in that they ‘weaken bees’ so that other causes which honeybees normally are not be susceptible to can kill them.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles/