ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Amber Inwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:05:26 -1000

Aloha All,

Bishop Museum is seeking for institutions/organizations wishing to collaborate on session proposals for the 2010 ASTC Conference. I am hoping to submit an ASTC session proposal with regard to utilizing multimedia in educational outreach programming. From research I have found few institutions and organizations utilize multimedia in educational outreach and would like to bring together a session on this topic. In addition, this is a direction the Bishop Museum Holoholo Outreach programming will potentially move towards as part of the NSF Science Theater Education Programming System (STEPS) collaboration.

Possible areas of outreach that immediately come to mind are:

 - Outreach lessons/communications via podcast/webcam

- Multimedia use in the development of outreach performances/demonstrations

-  Multimedia use in the delivery of outreach performances/demonstrations

-  Multimedia kits for teachers (similar to Museum lending boxes?)

- Offsite outreach staff training

However PLEASE feel free to think outside of the box.

If you are interested in collaborating as a facilitator or have any suggestions of other contacts which would be a good fit please contact me at: [log in to unmask]
As the session submission deadline is fast approaching (December 16th) feedback ASAP would be much appreciated.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving (as an Aussie this is one US holiday I am definitely adopting)!

Mahalo!

Amber

Amber Inwood

Science Educator