ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jamie Alonzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:11:02 -0400

NOW AVAILABLE (free!)

Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
EVOLUTIONS After School Program Implementation Toolkit
(EVOking Learning & Understanding Through Investigations Of the
Natural Sciences)

The EVOLUTIONS After School Program engages inner-city teens in a
program focused around STEM literacy (science, technology,
engineering & mathematics), college preparation, STEM career
awareness and transferable skills development. Over the 2006/07
academic year, EVOLUTIONS was supported by a grant from the National
Science Foundation under the  Communicating Research to Public
Audiences solicitation.  The EVOLUTIONS toolkit was developed for the
purpose of disseminating knowledge gained but also in an effort to
engage the out-of-school-time ISE community in discussions related to
best practices toward the betterment of all our programs.  We don't
purport to have the answers, we're simply interested in opening the
doors to communication and sharing.   The EVOLUTIONS toolkit can be
found at the URL below.  All questions, comments and/or suggestions
for improvement are encouraged.

http://www.peabody.yale.edu/education/afterschool.html (link at top
of page under logo)

Everything best,

Jamie Alonzo

Jamie Alonzo
Coordinator, Education Special Projects
http://www.peabody.yale.edu/education/afterschool.html

Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
170 Whitney Avenue
P.O. Box 208118
New Haven, CT 06520-8118

203.432.6577 v
203.432.9816 f

"It's our job to turn them on.  They'll buy the book at the door."
- Ray Bradbury (pers. comm.)