From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2009 09:21:14 -0700
>Apologies to Randy but here in the real northern california

Hi Jim :)

I never know how to describe my location in Calif.  Calif has every type of
climate, from tropical in the south to high montaine, which is more akin to
Alaska!  Where I live in the Sierra foothills, the climate is more like that
in more northern and eastern regions, except that it doesn't rain all summer
long.

We move busting colonies to almonds in February (early spring start), yet at
my 3000' home elev, we got a bit of snow last week.  I move my bees uphill
to follow the spring.

We've been making splits like mad, but the weather can change during the day
from sunny to rain, hail, or snow.  We bring along foul weather gear, and
the Easy-Up tent.

Bob, my Golden Delicious are just past full bloom--I've got about 25
varieties of apples on my place.

Randy Oliver