From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:08:42 -0800
> Bottom line- they may die from CCD but they will be happy.
>
> Good to know this kind of research is going on instead of
> wasting it on CCD.

Sometimes, I have great difficulty understanding the occasional attempt to mitigate the value of good bee research, especially on this bee list which is promoted -above all, as an informed discussion list.  We do not know now, nor would it be advised to assume worthless, the importance any bee research might have towards beekeeping now, or in the future.  IMO, All bee research on the honeybee should be praised and encouraged, for it may add to our knowledge of the bee. ,,,Perhaps a reason why others, have 'so far' not attempted to mitigate the worth of the study.

“We do know allot about honeybees.  From all the things that we do know, one of the things that we do know, is that we do not know, all there is to know about honeybees.” (JW, 2006)

Best Wishes,
Joe
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles/