Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 01:49:33 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

<<What surprised me was the high load of Braula coeca (piojo)  in the 10
surviving.

Does formic works for Braula? What is Braula  telling us? We tough Braula
was
extinguished cause the hard  chemicals.>>

    That's interesting; it's become rare in the UK due  to the chemicals.
Apart from bees and lesser wax moths, I see very little fauna  in my hives,
and obviously this isn't a 'normal' state of affairs. If Brula is  making a
comeback in your part of the world, is it possible that it's  becoming
resistant to some, at least, of the chemicals? Formic resistance  would be odd,
though, since it hasn't been around that long.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley
Birmingham  UK