HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:40:44 +0100
I have a page from some notes for a suggested revision to some site
documentation handbook; I think it's originally from MoLAS, but might have
been Oxford Unit (among other things, the reference to "Penmap" seems to
suggest it is British; there is also a reference to "IND3/Level
III/interpretative/phasing index in the Oracle database"). It is entitled
"Entity Numbers" and has a footnote explaining "also known as Feature
numbers by those who cannot cope with three syllable words."
There is also a reference to "'normal' context numbers" and a second
footnote saying "or 'normals.' Thank you, Mr. Bester."
Anyone able to give me an idea of date, author, etc.?