From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 13:58:45 -0800
I have really enjoyed MCML this year and want to thank a few people for
enriching my life and recommending CD's I would never have checked out
otherwise:

Dave Lampson, of course!
Derek Barker for the Segerstam Mahler 8th recommendation
Steve Schwartz for the Granger/Rattle CD, "In a Nutshell"--the "Pastoral"
is a gem.
The wonderful Norgard 3rd Symphony recommendation
A new-found appreciation of Schnittke and Varese due to discussions on MCML
Stirling Newberry for increasing my vocabulary and reading comprehension
Tom Davey for being there when reading Tony Duggan's replies to my Mahler
recommendations.

John Smyth