Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:35:56 -0800
From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Kirk,
The queen cell cups sit right on top of the open bottle with queen cell hanging down normally. But I use wooden cell cups too, so might want to check this out more.

But all I do when adding virgins is smoke in the bottom of hive until smoke comes out top and then crack lid, or even down further between boxes at top of broodnest area and simply release queens by fast dropping in. Have never seen fighting with virgins released this way and with her with no scent from any worker bees prior to, she immediately picks up scent of hive placed into for instant acceptance, and it is just beautiful to see with immediate courts all around her. Now if not wanting  to smoke during daylight, I have put in queens at night with no smoke and see no difference. She just goes in and have never really seen a problem with acceptance. Also, I don't mark my queens as normally one can tell by looking the difference between old and new queens and banding differences.

Dee