From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:14:46 +1100
----- Original Message -----
From: "randy oliver"

> I'm wondering if it could have to do with your corn pollen, or something
> else regional.

In Australia we don't have mites.  And we enjoy a mild climate.  With that
out of the way I am always amazed at how little attention pollen gets on
this list.

Whenever, at least competent Oz beekeepers talk about bees, pollen is part
and parcel of that conversation.  After all pollen is the source of almost
all the bees nutrition.

The boss of a leading outfit I worked for years ago, preparatory to writing
up his daily diary, would invariably ring up that night if he had not been
out with us.  Always was asked the question, "what was the pollen like"?

To paraphrase an American politician-its the pollen stupid.

To adhere to the thread.  We regard pollen or lack of it, as a major part of
the nosema story.

Geoff Manning