From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:08:12 -0500
On 25-Nov-08, at 12:16 AM, Bob Harrison wrote:

> Hello David,
> Rule number one is to not bottle to far ahead of your market.
> Applies to you
> and also to myself. 250 jars with only friends for a market will
> leave you
> with jars starting to crystallize.

Hi David Bob and all

I sell only Raw honey.  No filtering or heating.  The honey goes from
the extractor to the tank, where it is left for 2 weeks to allow the
wax etc to settle to the top.  After skimming the top, the honey is
bottled.  By this time it is starting to crystallize and does so in
the jars.  I sell my honey from an honour table in front of the house
(most years over 1000 pounds).  People used to wonder what that white
stuff in the jars was.  Now they ask, if I have some uncrystallized
honey on the table, "don't you have any of the white stuff, its far
nicer".  Once people find out you have local honey of high quality,
they keep on coming back year after year.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W