Condense Mail Headers

From:
Robert Buntine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:43:52 +1100
Richard Stewart wrote:
> but why not the  importing of bees when we have plenty of American
> beekeepers willing  to do the job?

Down Under we are fed what we call "Furphies" by whatever government is in
power. Federal or State, Liberal or Labour.
If we want to forbid importation of honey, hogs or herefords we need first
to prove that the exporting country has a disease that we do not have. This
means of course, that all yet to be discovered diseases are given free and
permanent residence.
I would have thought we were the only country to have a "innocent to proven
guilty" philosophy for non-human organisms. Obviously not.
Seemingly a Green Card is given to all undiscovered Oz-organisms that just
happen accompany our packages of bees.

Bob Buntine
Avenel Honey Farm
Avenel