From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:21:30 -0800
Seems to me that this is not a new idea, but is part and parcel of most
breeding programmes.

Reply:
I don't really think so with today's factory farming and too many just doing for queens and/or one particular trait. And this to me has been going on more and more since mid to late 1980s fwiw IMPOV,

Continuing:
Successful commercial beekeepers have to consider the whole
picture, plus potential surprises when managing their bees.

Reply:
Yes, but do they actually, for if they do then why the large volume of factory farmed queens to commercial beekeepers and/or them raising queens with such artificialness to not be long term doable? For it was certainly written long ago the problems queens would have with coumaphos and fluvalinate and bees in general as contaminates built up, and I am not even talking the artificial feeds they are doing also yet, nor movement and intense mongrelization that tears apart genetics again IMPOV with bees then that end up fitting NO place so are eliminated by Nature..............not that I would say that!......but I am.

You can move bees to a point, but up and down the ladder, and perhaps one long haul a year for short term, but not constantly!!!! and more regional kept the better.

Dee A. Lusby.