Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:41:19 GMT
here is are two questions i have, i've hinted at them in the past, but would like to put them right out there...as answers would be interesting, and would help me sort out a few things in my own mind.

1.  who is keeping productive bees that were bred by any of the researchers that have been mentioned, that are not using any treatments?  clearly, we have at least a few examples (dee, michael bush, eric osterland) of people that have either bred their own stock, used commercial, or used feral stock that _do_ use small cell, and are not crashing due to varroa over the long term...so how do the results of these 20 year "breeding programs" compare?  who isn't treating?  i believe that the russian breeding program does not allow treatments..but what of beekeepers that are using russian stock...are they treating?

2.  what happens when bees are put onto comb from deadouts due to nosema c. when no treatments, fumigation, or irradiation is used?  do such bees tend to survive?  thrive? die?  what kind of timeframe?

deknow