Condense Mail Headers

From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:31:14 -0500
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 13:56:38 -0800, J. Waggle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What was once breeding varroa resistance has been basically debunked by
some on this list during  2006 - 2007,  for the excuse of non virulent
mites.   What was once stress caused dwindling from nectar dearth and other
stress, has lately become CCD caused.

In January of 2006, Bee Weaver Apiaries sent out a full color glossy
brochure with these words:

> We have not treated ANY of our colonies for Varroa since 2001. The
superior genetics of our honey bees, especially their varroa mite
resistance, offers the grower a significant advantage over some bees
supplied by other operators. Our hives are naturally resistant to both
Varroa destructor and Acarapis woodii and will not just survive, but
prevail, under conditions when other bees may be adversely affected by these
exotic parasites. So, especially for those growers having difficulty
securing adequate numbers of bees, we urge you to contact us for your
pollination needs.

In May of 2007, the tune changed:

>“We may be near the point when there are not enough bees,” says Danny
Weaver, a queen breeder with B. Weaver Apiaries in Navasota, Texas.

Now, in 2009 there are rumors of the bees rebounding, with only a very few
sharing what they feel the reasons for this might be.

--
Peter L Borst