Condense Mail Headers

From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:27:00 -0500
Brian Ames wrote:
>We already have them and they are called Russian bees (regional variation
of the Carniolan).
Peter said:
>Ukrainian bees (Apis mellifera acervorum) most probably are transitional
form from Russian bees to Carnica.

bzzt.  Sorry wrong door
Bro Adam said "Macedonia" -- northern Greek
I agree
Think of Ukraine 12K yrs ago
covered with ice yr around
Imagine the next 4K yrs as ice melts
Black sea is probably landlocked (& smaller)
Trees grow, get big enough for bees
Easier for bees to miagrate north
than ENE out of mountain valleys
Once bees reach steppe then they stop