From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:59:19 -0700
Bob said:
> I have never seen PMS in my Russian hives

I had the pleasure of spending some time with Dr Tom Rinderer and Carl
Webb in Georgia, and learned a great deal about the Russians.
Impressed me enough that I'm going to set up a Russian enclave in my
area.  I had made the mistake previously of only testing Russian
hybrids, rather than pure Russians.

 > PMS is a bit more scatered and the heads of larva are sticking from cells as
> compared to EFB

This description is of interest to me, Bob!  In my experience, PMS
looked like the simultaneous occurence of every bee disease known, and
then some, all in the brood combs at the same time.  It wasn't one
specific symptom.  If it were simply one symptom, I would suspect a
virus alone (or in combination).

When I see colonies under severe nutritional stress, I also see
similar symptoms occur--generally to clear up when a pollen flow
starts.

Randy Oliver