From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2008 03:24:26 -0300
Hi Juanse:

> The blue berry owner doesn't allow me to
> take the hives out because the berries still have 20% of flowers.

I find here that it is very difficult anyway to get the bees to work
the late bloom (with lowbush blueberries; I assume you are in
highbush ones there which have been planted; the lowbush ones
are growing naturally and then cultivated using herbicides :)

I can sometimes get the grower to release the bees earlier by
running my hands up the vine and showing that even though the
flowers are present they fall off when brushed which means
they are already pollinated.  But I know what it is like.  They
are paying for the bees and as long as they see flowers they
think the bees should be there, even if almost all of them are
in the apples.

Stan