HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:56:53 +0200
The dark curved thing looks vaguely like part of a urethrascope I saw once,
but I somehow can't imagine using the bellows (?) on it
Looks like you have glass vials (?) at the top for some kind of powders, & a
bellows for blowing them, & something at the bottom to put the powders into
& then attach to the bellows; I don't see any sharp needles there (or in the
box on the left?), so it looks like something for blowing powders directly
into nasal passages, rather than anything intravenous?
If you do have some big needles, it might have been one of these things for
deflating lungs when treating TB, but that wouldn't explain the vials
Also looks like the white porcelain (?) thing lower right is missing a piece