Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:28:06 GMT
>>Lack of sufficient exercise likely plays a key role. Fad diets are
usually a bad idea. It's always easier to blame something or someone
outside of ourselves. Try parking at the far end of the parking lot!

We have the genes of our hunter gatherer-predecessors, who on average walked 10 miles a day, and our lifestyles that involve very little physical activity.  We eat very little wholesome food that nature provides blindly opting for processed *foods* with a fraction of the nutrition needed by our bodies.  If your body and food lack key nutrients required for good health, you will overeat on processed foods trying to compensate and get sufficient nutrients.  Then you look like a hog (or not), get diabetes, heart disease, cancer cells (that everyone has) turn into tumors...

Change your lifestyle, thinks positive, and eat mosly raw foods and the majority of *civilization* diseases go away.  Japan is the record holder for the number of people over 100 years old.  Okinawa, a traditionally poor, hard working region, beats the Japanese national average 4 to 1!  They have folks over 100 who take care of the 'old'!

Reading about Okinawan family values, basic food consumption, positive disposition makes fascinating reading.  Folks, don't let them fool into believing it's merely your genetics.  Okinawans in Hawaii and elsewhere who have adopted the Western model do not enjoy the same life expectancy as the people in Okinawa.

Waldemar