From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:33:01 -0500
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:58:58 -0500, James Fischer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have one nugget of useful beekeeping information at the end,
>in an attempt to satisfy convention.

Do I need to pan for gold in all those words to find that nugget ?  it sounded like all opinion to
me....(at least you posted it under the correct subject heading to reinforce your true goal).

>That's not the case at all. Both groups are very rigid bastions of
>"faith-based beekeeping", dominated by a tiny number of
>self-proclaimed high priests who tolerate little else EXCEPT
>faith-based beekeeping dogma.

Thats funny because that's not what I have seen over there on Beesource.  There are several
dissident voices who point out a lack of scientific backing even on small cell. The Jennifer Berry
paper on small cell got a pretty good discussion this past summer equally represented.

There is more balance on that board these days then years ago. Sure its a hobby board but we are
all brothers and sisters united under the umbrella of beekeeping.

Occasionally there is actually a "nugget" of useful information not shared here. Like in our
population everyone has something to offer in some small or large way. You just need to have an
open mind to find those nuggets......