From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:02:14 -0400
Jim wrote:

> [...]
more likely broken down by simply UV from sunlight, where pathogens and not
pesticides) are more likely broken down by irradiation.

Thanks Jim for the information. At first glance the radiation seemed like a
great idea. In my neck of the woods radiation went to $10.00 a box, with a
minimum of a lot of boxes. Sunlight sounds cheaper.

Since the inside of hives don't see a lot of sunlight, I can picture someone
with 1000 deadouts (not that unusual) laying 10, to 30,000 frames out in the
sun and turning them at least once. This sounds more expensive. I hope
someone will test this, before anyone goes to all this trouble. J

Ozone is a pretty reactive gas and is (I imagine) cheap to make. What would
happen if the target frames were held in an ozone chamber for a bit?

Dick Marron