From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 03:41:33 EDT

In a message dated 28/04/2008 03:17:07 GMT Standard Time,  [log in to unmask]
writes:

My bees  strive for continuous comb and I have to push down on the lower
frames before  lifting off a box.

This is one of the disadvantages of using oblong boxes. With square hives
you can reduce the problem by having alternate boxes at right angles to the
adjoining one.  Accurate bee spacing is helpful too.

Chris