From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 04:07:35 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

Since  CCD several
researchers which I could name but will not have  *suggested*
(hopefully the right word) that virus is part of our current  bee die off (
CCD?).

My money's on CPV.  However, it has been around a long time so  something
must have changed to produce the dramatic effects that some have  observed. One
reads of pollen shortage in late summer as a possible  answer.  If there's no
food to be had when the colony is attuned to expect  some, the bees won't fly
around aimlessly burning off calories; they'll sit in  the hive rubbing
shoulders until a scout reports a find. It is in these  conditions that CPV is
spread.  So climate/weather change may be partly the  cause.

Chris