HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2013 17:18:36 -0500
lots of dimensions here

I would think one way to resolve this is for each participant who finds a
piece of an item to
do the lab work- clean measure, document, complete forms  and label with
information and identify- when they write on the site information
have them include their name on an underside or inner surface....

Thus they understand its not just finding but analysis recording and
curating

there they have gone through the process of analysis then go on to
reconstruction....
have participants using a sand box glue with reversible glues their pot
together then
photo document the restored pot

then give kids photos maybe showing their names
let the teacher "curate" the object on a shelf of honor....in the classroom

let them know that it is much better that all can partake via a photo and
curated other classes later in time can appreciate the object
later in life they can come visit it whereas one piece in  their possession
is boring....useless....

just an idea

Conrad