HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:25:25 -0600
Smoke,

There was a lead "gunflint wrap" recovered at the Battle of Fallen Timbers
site (Toledo, OH), reported here:

http://www2.heidelberg.edu/FallenTimbers/FTFinalMaster.html

And illustrated here:

http://www2.heidelberg.edu/FallenTimbers/FTArt/Final/Plate15.JPEG

But is appears more as an expedient adaptation of sheet lead than a
manufactured item.

Bob Skiles