HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Caryn M. Berg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:30:06 -0600
The dedicated staff at Left Coast Press, Inc. have finally come up with an
appropriate theme for our next book sale. We thought about Harvest Sale,
Fall Equinox Sale, It's-Not-Raining-Yet-in-California Sale, Halloween
Sale.but they all seemed so. so. car dealership. So what did we come up
with? Welcome to our CHEAPER-WITH-A-HAIKU SALE!

THE BASICS:
Order any book from our website www.LCoastPress.com for 30% off through the
end of September, code L4910.

Send us a haiku that includes "Left Coast" and we'll increase the discount
to 40%.

The best 3 haiku entries will win a free paperback of your choice.

THE FINE PRINT:
ALL LEFT COAST BOOKS ARE ON SALE AT A 30% DISCOUNT BETWEEN NOW AND SEPTEMBER
30.

Books must be ordered directly from our website, must be ordered through our
US distributor (U Chicago Press), and must include the discount code: L4910.
In the shopping cart, insert the code and hit "update" to get the correct
price. If you want even cheaper books, read on.

Write a haiku (a poem of 5-7-5 syllables) that contains the phrase "Left
Coast" and we'll increase your discount to 40%.  The poem does not have to
be about Left Coast Press, Inc., but does have to contain the designated
phrase.  Submit it via email to [log in to unmask] on or before
September 26 and we will send you a secret, yes secret, code that will ALLOW
YOU TO PURCHASE ANY LEFT COAST BOOKS AT A 40% DISCOUNT UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30.

The three best haikus we receive will be offered a FREE LEFT COAST PAPERBACK
OF YOUR CHOICE and will be made available for public adulation on our
website. Judging this competition will be our highly competent, poetically
trained publishing professionals, and the rest of the staff too. Our canine
security guards are excluded from judging except in case of a tie.

We hope to hear from many of you. If the contest is too silly, buy a couple
of books anyway. They're on sale.

On top of your desk
Piles of Left Coast books teeter
You have room for more