HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2010 06:31:49 -0700
Folks:

The Institute for International Maritime Research, Inc (IIMR), working for
the First Colony Foundation, continued their search for  the Lost Colony
of 1587. The survey was conducted with the cooperation of the National
Park Service in the shallow waters off the northeast end of Roanoke
Island, NC.   In this update the team investigates an area where the
remains of two barrel wells and an axe head dating to the 16th century
were found several years ago.

You can see what they found this year by clicking the link off our main
page here:

http://www.themua.org

On another note...

As you may have noticed the MUA has been very busy of late.  We assist
universities, avocational groups, graduate students, and researchers from
around the world by publishing their research on the web.  All of this is
done through the generous donations of time and resources of our
volunteers.  If you've enjoyed reading our posts and would like to help us
continue our mission please consider supporting the MUA.  For more
information on how you can help please contact us at [log in to unmask]

Best regards,

T. Kurt Knoerl
Director
The Museum of Underwater Archaeology