HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kris Oswald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 10:00:32 -0400
Good Morning
I was doing some weeding in my onions over the weekend and I found a stone
That appears to have been worked. The material is green slate and is 6 MM length
3 MM at the base and  1 MM thick. Many incised lines are present along with multiple
Thickness's .To me the stone has the appearance of a human figure..head , hands body and
Feet..i have no way of linking a photo but I can email direct if anybody has an interest in viewing
This piece..it was located in my back yard which is ½ mile south of the Shiawassee River ,Genesee
County ,MI..if you would like to see a photo please send me an email to [log in to unmask] and
I can forward it on to you....i have found natural flint in the garden as well as smooth green slate but
Until yesterday nothing that showed any evidence of workmanship. no flakes. chips etc . I would like
To try and determine if the shaping was a result of man or nature

Thanks for your time
Kris Oswald

WILLIAMS INTERNATIONAL                               A COMPANY WITH A VISION

This email message and any attachment(s) are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may
be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachment(s)
to the original message.

This email message does not form a binding contract or contract amendment with
the sender, unless it clearly states in writing that it is a contract or contract amendment.