HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2009 13:00:11 EDT
Now that reminds me of the McCain Barn near the rural San Diego County
(California) town of Boulevard. There is a board with the name McCain and date
of 1918 burned into the wood. The McCains left the American South after the
 Civil War and came to this rural community to homestead. However, they
could not  file until the 1880s and this barn is one of the last of their
buildings. I have  not seen it in 20-years, but suspect it is still out there.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 7/9/2009 9:55:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,