HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Megan Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 05:06:07 -0400
Merrifield's book is "The Archaeology of Ritual and Magic" published 1987
by New Amsterdam Books, New York. I second Ron's recommendation. Although
his specific examples are heavily UK-oriented, because that's where he was
working, it's a good overview of the whats, whys, and wheres of the
material remains of ritual and magic (not just concealments).

Thanks everyone for your responses so far!

--Megan Springate