HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Anna Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:25:05 -0500
There are quite a few researchers across the world using various programs to
create 3D models of archaeological sites and artifacts. For the most part,
these are done in CAD programs (after being scanned using one of several
different techniques), though much of the data can be imported into ArcGIS
products. Here's a short case study that might be of interest (
http://www.gisdevelopment.net/application/archaeology/general/archg0034pf.htm
).

Anna Lunn
Weaver & Associates, LLC