HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gwyn Alcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:11:39 -0700
Yes, please continue the list, Anita.

It's a valuable resource, and I enjoy most of the debates.
We continue to debate what "historical archaeology" is. I've been following HISTARCH for about a decade, and the debate has recurred several times. Sometimes I follow the arguments, sometimes I swear under my breath and delete.

As the list owner, you've rarely exercised your right to "nudge" and you don't have a heavy hand.
The original Marco Polo question was off-topic, and your original reply was civil.

Each list has its own etiquette. Some newcomers bring different ideas of how lists should run, and are offended when their preconceived notions aren't borne out.
Please don't be run out by trolls-in-training.

Respectfully and gratefully,

Gwyn Alcock
Riverside, Calif.