HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:48:24 EDT
Kris,

While uncovering a large burned building feature  (CA-SDI-12000) associated
with U.S. Army Fort Rosecrans, my crew exposed a  saloon token worth 5 c  and
dated 1905. I have seen a similar token for  another saloon on display at Old
Town State Historic Park (San Diego) in an  exhibit with a slot machine. The
burned feature dates between 1916 and 1922. I  am not sure of the metal, but it
is gray. I believe the saloons could order and  then distributed them around
town as a marketing stretegy.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 3/31/2009 11:33:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,