HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:25:02 +0200
Well, sorry: I'd never heard of this; maybe self-proclaimed, & unquestioned
within the US, but that's not what we were taught in Canada, & that's not
the view here in Europe... especially since what is now called "historical
archaeology" (i.e. doing archaeology & comparing the results with historical
documents) has a history of at least 150 years, and I don't think even Bob
is that old...