HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:30:53 -0500
The March 1979 SHA Newsletter reproduced essentially the same information,
with slightly less detail.  No discussion or commentary on the conference.

My program and abstracts for this conference are missing from an otherwise
complete set of conference programs dating from 1975 onwards.  Spooky?

 I recall the Star Wars session in great detail though I admit I had
completely forgotten, indeed erased the memory, that certain individuals had
commented on the South & Deetz 1977 books.  No one can accuse me of 20/20
hindsight.

I always wished Jim Deetz had published more on his brilliant notion of
developing a formula for assessing levels of domestic strife on the basis of
sherd breakage.  (Grin.)

mcb

--
Mary C. Beaudry, PhD, RPA, FSA
Professor of Archaeology & Anthropology

people.bu.edu/beaudry/Mary_Beaudrys_Research/Welcome.html