HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rich Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:45:33 -0700
Bob:

The piecemeal approach is common in US archaeogeophysics when only one piece
of equipment or technology is available

Like Lew, we advocate a Combined Survey Format (CSF) using a variety of
archaegeophysical and archaeochemical techniques to provide complementary
information.  Like Lew and John Weymoth, we say do the VLF metal detecting
FIRST!, plot the non-discriminative and full-discriminative anomalies with
alidade and\or EDM  and then plan your survey with the methods that will
work for YOUR site conditions.

Rich Lundin, WRI