HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rich Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:04:18 -0700
Dr. David Grundwahl of Iowa State might be able to help you on Jewish
Cemetaries that had to be moved in urban areas of the midwest for the
various interstate highway projects in the 1960's.  WRI reported on CSF
remote sensing (archeogeophysical) studies of a Jewish cemetary at Virginia
City, Nevada.  The US Army Corps of Engineers and other DOD personnel
recently excavated burials at Ft. Craig New Mexico and MAY in the future
report on them. There are probably other examples that can be found in
NADAG.

Rich Lundin, WRI