HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jorge Garcia-Herreros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:50:04 -0400
 Michael,

It appears to me that the feature was an observation platform. ?Usually a

set of binoculars or search light would be attached to the concrete column.

I have recorded these observation platforms in coastal forts. ?Now since the

site is an army depot, it might have been used for other purposes. ?Did they

detonate ordinance at this depot? ?If so it could have been use to observe

long range detonations. ?I hope my comments help.

Jorge

--

Jorge Garcia-Herreros, RPA, CRD

Gulf Coast Archaeology Group, LLP