HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 19:02:39 EDT
Bill,

This sounds like jewelry, rather than a compact. My mother had various
pieces she kept photos in as memories. You know, pilot boyfriends in WW 2, the
kids, parents, etc. Some of her pieces looked like little books, others like
hearts. Inside the locket, the photo was kept behind small glass sheets. I never
gave it a thought until now. Since we are on the topic, she also had these
small  glass balls that popped open to hold photos and she hung them like
pendants. One  such ball of glass has the head of my dad wearing his Army billet cap
from about  1943 (this might have been my grandmother's), but you get the
idea.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 5/27/2008 3:52:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,