HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Levy, Philip" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:51:27 -0500
Hello all,
This query is from a friend of mine researching opium use in 19th America. I offered her some leads, but I thought the list would be a great resource. Here below is her inquiry, and thanks in advance for your input.

Phil Levy

"I am researching opium and laudanum use in early America -- who was using it, how much they used, etc. For this reason, I am interested in relevant sites, site reports, scholarship, and artifact assemblages, such as (but certainly not limited to) sites with discarded opium bottles. I am especially interested in the era before 1861. All information and suggestions are welcome. If you have any suggestions, please contact me offlist at [log in to unmask] Thank you very much!     -- Kelly Gray, Towson University"