HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"paul.courtney2" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:12:37 +0000
German is bit railway track orientated re careers . In the UK you are
probably not going to become a university lecturer or professor anymore
(like Phil Rahtz) without a degree but if you are good enough you would
probably get a decent way up the unit (CRM) hierarchy. I won't mention
names but we have been quite shocked in UK over several of our German
colleagues whose careers came to an abrupt end after they  fell out with
their local council. Read David Gaimster's "j'accuse" intro to his BAR
on the Duisburg pottery- quite a read. Anyway I am quite happy if
everyone can't read medieval latin as they can then hire me but
understanding what your excavation means seems to be becoming increasing
irrelevant to the CRM procession UK  so i had better go fishing.Sorry
for the winge.

paul