HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
MORGAN A RIEDER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2007 19:57:52 -0700
The Kid Factor is not only related to artifacts but to isolated features.  I recall surveying and testing archaeological sites in a canyon in Arizona that contained  a number of prehistoric and protohistoric rock features--mulch piles for agave and roasting pits--but also contained several enigmatic rock alignments that we eventually realized had been created by the students of a nearby private boy's school that had operated nearby in the early twentieth century.

Morgan Rieder, RPA